In an effort to promote PHRF racing the PHRF Racer’s Association has created a team challenge event for the first LORC event of the season at ABYC. At present, the challenge is for this event only. Hopefully other clubs will follow and in the future we could have an overall team championship for the season if we can get two or more LORC regatta host clubs involved.
Rules of the competition
- A team must consist of 3 boats from the same yacht club.
- Teams are to be registered prior to the event at email@example.com.
- One of the boats must be in a white sail division.
- The other 2 boats can sail in any PHRF division, whether flying sails or white sail.
- Any number of boats on a team may sail in the same division.
- A team’s score will be the sum of the scores, within their division, of the three boats on the team.
- The low point scoring system will apply.
- Only scores from the Saturday May 27th races will be used. If all PHRF divisions in which a boat on any team is registered sail three races, all three races will count. If any division in which a boat on any team is registered sails only two races, only the first two races of the day will count for all boats. If any division in which a boat on any team is registered sails only one race, only the first race of the day will count for all boats.
- Ties will be broken by adding up the number of boats that each boat on a team raced against in its division. The team that raced against the most boats wins.
- Awards will be awarded after racing on Saturday May 27.
- A flag will be presented to each boat on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams. Other prizes may also be awarded.